Monday, February 6, 2012

No One Mourns the Wicked...

"Are people born wicked? Or do they have wickedness thrust upon them?"

I didn't know, but I was on my way to find out!

My mom, my sister and I went to Austin, TX over the weekend to see the musical "Wicked". My sister has raved about the play since she saw it in San Antonio, so for a Christmas present, my mom and I bought her a ticket to see it for our girls' weekend!

In order to prepare for the play, I listened to the soundtrack the entire week beforehand so I could familiarize myself with the songs and the characters. The more I listened, the more I could visualize how I thought the play would go. Then again, the more I listened, the more I picked up certain lines or characters I hadn't noticed before.

Yet I still hung on every word they said (or sang)!

Oh, the twists, turns, songs, dancing and surprises that were around each corner! It was so fun to slowly get the answers behind the premise of the Wizard of Oz, such as, why is the Wicked Witch wicked? Why did the house fall on the Wicked Witch's sister? Why did the Wizard want to kill the Wicked Witch? and so many more! If you haven't seen it, I highly encourage you to do so.

"Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true" Glinda


Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment