Thursday, July 23, 2015

Baby G: 26 Week Update


How far along: 26 weeks

Total weight gain: Probably still around 10 pounds
Maternity clothes: I still wear normal shirts when working around the house or going to the store, but when I actually have somewhere to be, I wear maternity clothes.

Sleep: Still about the same. I get up a couple of times to go to the bathroom, and sometimes my back hurts when I wake up, but I'm still sleeping well!
Miss anything: I miss my back not hurting so often, but that's just part of the deal.
Movement: Lots of movement AND the baby had the hiccups for the first time!
Food cravings: I still love fruit! Grapes are my favorite right now!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet:  Yep! Although it confuses me when strangers ask how far along I am because I'm surprised they notice! Which doesn't make any sense, except that I'm glad people see that it's a pregnancy belly and not just that I'm getting heavier!
Gender: Still a boy!
Wedding rings on or off: On :)
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, except I'm getting more emotional. I cannot stop crying once I start! And I cry over things that are sentimental but not necessarily worth crying over.

What else happened this week: We went on a trip to New Mexico with my family for the 4th of July and it was so much fun! My sister is also pregnant, so we talked about our experiences, we watched her tummy move {her baby was moving more than mine was, which was disappointing}, we ran a couple of times with my dad, my husband and brother-in-law, played a table tennis tournament, ate yummy food and had lots of laughs!
Looking forward to: Putting in new carpet in our bedrooms! 

Exercise: My weekly running goal is to run 10 miles and walk when I can, so I was really excited when I got in all 10 miles before going to New Mexico, then I still got to run TWICE while on vacation. The first day was a lot of fun but the second day I wanted to quit about .25 into the run. Unfortunately we were on a running path and couldn't easily turn back, so I had to tough it out for 3.6 miles, which is a LONG time to feel so miserable. Normally running still feels comfortable but this run was awful. My dad slowed his pace and stayed with me the whole time, and everyone was so kind to walk when I needed to walk. Overall though, I was thankful to run at all, especially in the mountains at a higher elevation! So up to this point, the baby and I have exercised 439.71 miles! 

No comments:

Post a Comment