Monday, November 26, 2012

Stupid Pneumonia.


Pardon my hiatus, but I unexpectedly came down with pneumonia and haven’t run in over two weeks. So I’ve had nothing exciting or new to write about, and you should be thankful I didn’t carry out my venting or emotional outbursts into this blog.

Not running is killing me for a few of the following reasons:
A) I over-indulged in Thanksgiving goodies. As always.
B) I had to miss the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving.
C) I will likely have to miss the Rudolph Run on Saturday morning.
D) I will have to miss my dear half marathon that I’ve been training so hard and faithfully for.
E) I haven’t had an alcoholic drink in about three weeks due to medication.

So here’s what I’m contemplating now:
A) When do I get to start exercising again?
B) How long does it take to fully recover from pneumonia?
C) Is it bad that I’m enjoying not exercising and eating sugary sweets instead? 

It’s like my routine-life has fully stopped. In some ways, I’m thankful, because now I have more time to do the important things in life, like watch TV and decorate my house for Christmas! But in some ways, I hate that I can’t exercise. I like the runners high I get at the end of my runs, and I like knowing that if I eat something unhealthy, it’s okay because I’ll “run it off later”. Instead, my pants are getting too tight and my tummy is getting rounder – just in time for the holidays.

Hopefully I can visit the beautiful treadmills at the gym later this week for a brisk walk, but we’ll see what happens.

Ugh. Stupid pneumonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment