Thursday, December 13, 2012

Skipping Workouts


I promise I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. I've just been catching up on life!

Work is finally taking off for me with lots of rare opportunities to prove myself (cheers to 60 hour weeks!) and I’m trying to get everything finished before leaving for Christmas next week, so needless to say, my workouts have been lacking.

I did go to the gym last Tuesday, but after running .25 miles, I decided to walk the rest of my workout. I just wasn't feeling it, ya know? Which, I have to say, is one of the most depressing things about running – not every run is easy or fun.




Here's the treadmill after my entire workout.

Sometimes you just don’t want to do it. I know this feeling all too well. Read about my Mission: 13 Miles - Fail here. Super depressing.

On the other hand, I am getting everything buttoned up before our great Christmas journey (the first as a married couple – yay!)

I also signed up to teach a Beginner’s Running Class (or a walk-to-run class) starting early May, so I’m excited about mentoring others in an area that I love dearly!

After I taught my Women on Weight’s class yesterday, I wasn’t really in the mood to eat dinner (does exercise suppress anyone else’s appetite?) so I made a yummy smoothie!




It looks awful, but it was pretty good! It was:

  • 2 handfuls (maybe 2 cups?) fresh spinach
  • 1 cup frozen strawberries
  • 1 tomato slice


I’ll definitely have that again! I’m trying to detox a bit (especially since I’m missing some running sessions) before I go on Christmas break in indulge in lots of sugary treats!

I’ll skip my workout again tonight because I have to get everything ready to host my friends’ Christmas party at my house tomorrow night! Plus I have to bake cookies to send to a soldier friend of mine who’s currently deployed in Afghanistan. Pictures to come!

But tomorrow evening, my husband and I are trying out a new gym in town that will offer several classes (Pilates, Zumba, Spin – which is the one I’m the most excited about) since our current gym has a fairly small workout classroom with only basic equipment (dumbbells, yoga mats, etc.). Not that you can’t get a great workout with basic equipment, but I can do that at my house! I want somebody to teach me something I don’t already know how to do! So expect a review on that as well!

Until then, I’ll leave you with my latest margarita indulgence! Monday just needed a margarita end cap.




And my husband tried to get in the picture as well.



I'm off to grab my daily Sonic drink! Cheers!


How do you manage a busy personal life during the holidays?
Do you have a favorite smoothie recipe? Pass it along to me!
How do you trek through a run that you're just not feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment