Friday, August 1, 2014

Can I Really Do It All?!: #FeatureFriday Guest Post

I'm so excited to introduce you to Priscilla! Priscilla is a married, mom of three living near Pittsburgh, PA. She enjoys running, spinning, hiking, outdoor activities and spending time with her family. She can be found blogging at The Balance of Us.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These days it seems like women and families are busier than ever with juggling all the demands of daily life. We work, we have children, we run a household and somewhere in there, we need to find time for ourselves. Some days, it really does seem impossible. However, where there is a will, there is a way. Or so I’ve been told.

I am in awe of the ladies that I see who are able to juggle so many schedules and activities and still look fit, fab and stress-free. I am not there and I’m not so sure that I ever have been or ever will. My life can be pretty chaotic with two teenagers, two jobs, sports schedules and home life. If you were to visit my house on a random day, unannounced, you would probably notice the dust and pile of laundry that needs done. I’m not superwoman but I try to keep everyone alive and well on a daily basis so there’s that haha.



Luckily for me, I find that a great stress reliever can be found in fitness and exercise. Finding the time for that “me time” can be much harder. I have a few options for when I can fit in the time to exercise.




Option 1: 5:30am. My husband gets up at the crack of dawn, er, actually before that…at 4:30am in order to be out the door for work at 5:30am. I get up with him, pack his lunch and send him off with his travel mug of coffee. Since I am up, I am able to jump on the treadmill or do a workout in my living room.

Option 2: 9:00am. This is an option on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I don’t work my morning job on those days (I have two part time jobs that equal a full time job.) This means that I get to go to spin classes, body sculpt, body pump or run the treadmill at the gym. I also would have the option to run the roads near my house during this time, when the weather cooperates.

Option 3: Evening. This means that I can go about my day, come home, cook dinner, clean up the kitchen and then workout or run on the treadmill. Some days, this is my only option. I don’t have a lot of free time so I tend to use my early mornings to catch up on blogs, write my own blog posts, get sucked into Facebook, etc. I usually run or do a short workout. Those workouts are usually strength training or ab work/leg work.

It may seem like I have plenty of options but during the week, it is pretty tough to fit it in. Lately I have been doing pretty well at keeping up with my workouts. It was first due to the fact that I was training to run the Pittsburgh Marathon Relay but now I’m keeping up with it because I am going to a wedding and the beach in three weeks! I need to be looking good on that beach!

It’s not always easy to find those small pockets of time when I can work out. I always hear the saying that you need to make the time, you need to find the time if you want the results. I get it, I really do but I get annoyed with it because reality is, there isn’t always time. Some days there is just too much going on and I need my rest. I need some downtime. Those are the days when I allow myself to just relax and pick up again the next day.

However, when I am really stressed out, frustrated or upset about something that is the best time to work out because I always have a better workout! I always seem to push myself harder and get those toxins out.

If you have even just ten minutes to take a walk, do some stretching, lift small weights or get some lunges/squats in….do it. You will feel better. 

Connect with Priscilla!
Blog: http://thebalanceofus.blogspot.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's chat!
  • How do you fit your workouts in? 
  • Do you find you have to schedule your workouts into your schedule?

No comments:

Post a Comment