Friday, September 5, 2014

Who Knew?: #FeatureFriday Guest Post

Hello all! I’m Niki, a first-grade teacher, turned health and fitness coach, living in slow-paced East Tennessee. I’ve been writing a blog (TheRadiantLife) for over 3 years now. As time has gone on, my blog has shifted from only talking about running to incorporate my faith and how I see it played out every day. I am a two-time marathoner (Marine Corps & Big Sur) but a year-long injury has taken running from me. In its place, I eventually found other ways to help me stay healthy and get my sweat on.


So as I said, I was once a runner. That was all I did. I would not venture out to other sports/fitness opportunities. I was an endurance junkie, one might say. I would scoff at a 30 minute workout, considering that “not enough.”

It wasn’t until I came across an Instagram account of my, now, good friend that I had considered trying another workout program in lieu of running, and this workout was only 25 MINUTES! What?! “There’s absolutely no way that works and will get any kind of results”…was what I was thinking, but since I had stopped running and was still eating like I was when marathon training, I wasn’t feeling the best. I knew that I had to do something and T25 turned out to be just the thing.

My Instagram friend was a Beachbody coach. I had remembered seeing Beachbody coaches on social media, but I had no idea what that meant. I, also, wasn’t sure that I had what it takes to be one, but I had been wanting to break into the fitness world for some time now. I just never had the guts until Elaine (the Instagram friend) explained to me how simple it was as I ordered the T25 challenge pack to sign up and coach.

Now, you have probably heard of Beachbody products because of their late-night and Saturday morning infomercials for P90X, Insanity, TurboJam, etc. So, people know what these products are. They also know that they work. The proof is in the before/afters and testimonials. Now, that I am a coach, I have seen many more than what you see on TV. 


Not only does Beachbody offer amazing fitness programs, they also offer the healthiest meal replacement on the planet – Shakeology. Shakeology is not a “weight-loss” shake. Although, that may be a happy side effect, it is formulated using all-natural resources to provide you with all the vitamins, nutrients, pro-biotics, pre-biotics, and superfoods you would need in a day to keep you healthy. I have not gotten sick since I started drinking them in November, and remember I’m a 1st grade teacher!

I’ll admit when I started, I was skeptical. I just wanted to finish the program and try this “shake”. I wasn’t going to dare and put my reputation on the line for something that I did not believe in. I did not start sharing with people until halfway through T25 when I started noticing my results. Then it was like, “Wow, this really does work!” I felt better than I had in a long time and my clothes were looking a lot better on me. 





Now, I was ready to start coaching. So, what is a coach? A coach does not have to been a fitness expert or be certified in anything. You just have to be passionate and dedicated to helping people achieve their goals. Do you know why Beachbody started this network of coaches? It’s because so many people were buying P90X (or whatever program) from the infomercials, and then not even opening the boxes. They were too scared or intimidated to even start! That is so heartbreaking to me.

Whether the people were completing the workout or it was sitting in a closet, the company was still making money but that is not their primary concern. They are more concerned with “ending the trend” of obesity in America. They realized that these customers needed someone to encourage and support them through their journeys. And, voila! The coach role comes into play.

I am so blessed to have found this opportunity and to be a part of such a group of people with positive attitudes and full of integrity. And I get paid for it! It’s amazing!!


I would love to tell you more and we can see if Beachbody is right for you, or if you want to just start as a customer and try out one of the programs with me as you coach, we can do that too! I would be honored to introduce you to this wonderful world I am now a part of. Even if you just have questions, send them my way. I’m always up for making new friends :)

You can contact me at nikiferguson@hotmail.com. Can’t wait to hear from you!



Contact Niki:
Twitter: @jnkinif
Instagram: @jnikif
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let's chat!
  • Have you tried any Beachbody products?
  • What's your favorite way to get in a fast workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment