Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Baby G: Weeks 12 & 13 updates


How far along: 12 weeks
Total weight gain: I caved and weighed myself. I'm up 5 pounds from before I realized I was pregnant. Not too bad since my body is changing a lot!
Maternity clothes: Still holding onto my regular clothes!
Sleep: I'm pretty well knocked out by 10:30 (at the latest!) and can sleep perfectly with a few potty interruptions
Miss anything: Not really! Except maybe painless sneezes.
Movement: No, but according to What to Expect, the baby's reactions are developing this week, so if I push on my stomach, the baby will kick back, but it's too small to feel it :(
Food cravings: My cravings have almost returned to normal. Although I had the best gluten-free brunch ever this last weekend! I've wanted chicken fried steak for the last couple of weeks, but really struggled to find a restaurant that served a gluten-free version. But we found one in Dallas! So for brunch I had french toast bites, a biscuit, chicken fried steak, eggs and toast with an oreo cake-- all gluten free! It was amazing!



Anything making you queasy or sick: The idea of anything super sugary doesn't appeal to me at all.
Have you started to show yet:  I can't really tell a difference from the side but I see a big difference from the front.
Gender: I'm having dreams that it's a boy, but I will be just as happy if it's a girl!
Wedding rings on or off: On!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy most of the time. I have my moody moments, but they're moments that would make me moody anyway!
Looking forward to: Finding out if it's a girl or a boy!

Exercise: So far the baby and I have run 229.1 miles together! I enjoy runs with speed workouts built in because it keeps it interesting. I would rather run 10 miles with a hard 3.5 miles of speed than 10 easy miles where I'm bored by the second mile!




------------------------


How far along: 13 weeks
Total weight gain: I haven't weighed myself this week
Maternity clothes: Still wearing my normal clothes! Yay for wearing my regular all throughout my first trimester like I had hoped! Maybe they'll still fit for a couple more weeks!

Sleep: Still super tired past 10:30pm. In fact, one day I took a nap at 2:30, woke up at 4:30, and didn't ever get back out of bed except to make lunch for the next day. Basically I laid in bed for 16 hours!
Miss anything: Nope! I'm really thankful I'm feeling so well!
Movement: Nothing yet :(
Food cravings: Nothing particularly strong this week. Hamburgers still sound good, but the craving is not as overwhelming as it was a couple weeks ago. Thankfully my appetite is slowly returning to normal. I'm finally able to eat my sweet potato with chicken again for lunch!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not anymore!
Have you started to show yet:  It depends on my clothes. Luckily you can't tell in my work clothes because no one from work knows yet!
Gender: Lately I've been feeling that it's a girl! We did get the genetic testing results back that tells us the gender, but we're having to wait until FRIDAY to find out!! I took the results to a local gluten free bakery to make a gender reveal cake that we'll cut into after work on Friday! Yay!
Wedding rings on or off: Still on!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy or crying, but mostly happy :)
Looking forward to: Cutting into the gender reveal cake!!

Exercise: So far, baby G and I have run 257.1 miles so far! I ran 15 miles for the first time since the marathon and felt great! Afterwards my abs were sore, which I don't think has ever happened before, but it makes sense now. We've also been going on walks with the hubs lately since the weather is getting more beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment