Monday, July 27, 2015

Baby G: 27 Week Update


How far along: 27 weeks... how is it going this fast?!


Total weight gain: I haven't weighed myself since my 25 week appointment, but I'd guess around 12 pounds. I feel like the baby is hitting a growth spurt this week though because I've been STARVING or snacking all week!
Maternity clothes: Unless I'm wearing pajamas or yoga pants, you can probably catch me in maternity clothes!

Sleep: Sometimes getting to sleep is a struggle, but waking up is really difficult. I've found that drinking Gatorade when I get tired, no matter what time of day, it helps wake me up. Thanks, sugar.
Miss anything: Being able to pop my back.
Movement: He's been moving like CRAZY! At one point it felt like someone was shaking my stomach for 15 consecutive seconds... I'm not even exaggerating. Then one night it felt like the baby was working out with a shake weight because his kicks/moves were on both sides of my stomach!


Food cravings: Lots of water or food that contains water like grapes and apples.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet:  Oh yes, I can probably delete this question off here now...
Gender: Still a boy!
Wedding rings on or off: On :)
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy, thankfully!

What else happened this week: 
Registering! We finally started registering, which took us a solid 1.5 days! That's a seriously exhausting task! Registering is so overwhelming because there are so many products that your kid may or may not like, but you're expected to register for all of them because you just don't know your child'd preference.  So we registered for a lot of things, most of which we won't get, which is fine, and if we want to go back and get what we didn't receive we can do that as needed... that's my theory. 

Who knew... After spending a long time registering there was still one BIG item we were so intimidated by -- the car seat. With most products you can look at functionality, price point and cuteness, but it's totally different when it comes to car seats because the baby's safety is the most important aspect to consider. Yet there is so much information to know and consider when buying a car seat that NO ONE tells you! Thankfully I made an appointment with a car set consultant at Buy Buy Baby who told me everything I needed to know. Although it was overwhelming, I'm SO thankful I talked to her. There are things about car seats I never knew and wouldn't have considered when purchasing a car seat!
Looking forward to: Going to Park City for our babymoon next week! Also, finally getting to put together the nursery! Painting has taken a long time, although it's completely worth it. I'm just ready to move on to the next stage of the nursery.

Exercise: So far, the baby and I have exercised 463.71 miles :) I was really excited because I finally got in a 6-miler then two days later I got in a 5-mile run! Both runs felt great! I'm so thankful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment