Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Three Miles and The Voice


If you’re new to the blog, I should explain why I’m so excited to run three miles again. A few weeks ago, I was diagnosed with pneumonia and would hardly walk 50 feet without getting winded, which is the extreme opposite from what I was used to doing considering I was training for a half marathon this coming Sunday. I’m finally feeling good enough that I wanted to slowly run again, easing back into exercise.

Read about my first run with pneumonia here.

So last night was my second run with pneumonia. At this point, I don’t care about my speed, I just don’t want to hurt myself further. Normally I try to run as far as I can at a 9:30 pace, but I’m actually enjoying my change of pace (pun intended) and just relaxing and running. I think training for my half marathon (which am no longer running) pushed my body too far, so it’s nice to just have a relaxed run on the treadmill.



So yesterday, I alternated between walking 2 minutes, and running 1 mile at a 10:52 pace on a .5% incline, which was a really good pace for me. Eventually I hope to increase my running mileage while slowly decreasing my walking time.

On to more interesting things.

The Voice is so captivating!



I really think the final six deserve to win. I hope they are all successful in the future, because they are amazingly talented. I’m not sure how America decides who to vote for because I want them all to win! My husband and I argue over who we think is going to win. I think Cassadee Pope will win.




But I also want Terry McDermott and Nicholas David to win.





But Trevin Hunt has captured my heart.



I’m not surprised that Melanie Martinez got eliminated. Monday night’s performance wasn't her greatest. I think she’ll be successful in the future, but she wasn't singing the right songs to capture her voice.


What was your workout yesterday?

What’s your average pace?

Who do you want to win the voice?

No comments:

Post a Comment