Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes


Well, dear friends, I’m back in the blogger world! I realized that I messed up the blog challenge on day 2, but truthfully, after the crazy-long days at Disney World and Universal Studios, I didn't have the brain capacity to articulate a blog post!

Here are some highlights from the trip:

Luke and I as we arrived at the gates of Magic Kingdom!


In front of the Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statue and Cinderella's Castle

Walt and Mickey

I was obsessed with Cinderella's castle! It was so beautiful!


On one of my favorite rides - the magic tea cups!
 

With my Mickey Mouse cookies 'n cream ice cream sandwich - delish!

Beast's Castle (from Beauty and the Beast) was a restaurant, so this was as close as I could get

Gaston's Tavern
  
Gaston's chair

I was so flustered, I couldn't have remembered my name if he asked!

He had the best facial expressions

 Dreams really do come true at Disney World!

 Cinderella's Castle was covered with Christmas lights

 and the castle kept changing colors

 Mickey on Disney's Electrical Parade

 a Mickey Mouse in their fireworks show

 The Epcot ball 

In front of the "Tree of Life"

In front of the Universal ball

 The Hubbs and I conquered this roller coaster!

 The Simpson's ride was so fun!

 at Hollywood Studios

the real statues from The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe! On the right is a frozen Tumnus 

Tim Allen's real Binford 6100 lawn mower from Home Improvement


Pizza Planet from Toy Story

Indiana Jones' Epic Stunt Spectacular

Beauty and the Beast - the play

I feel like I took multiple pictures of everything, except the end-of-night foot massage sessions that took place with everyone each night which were totally necessary!

Orlando was a blast, but it felt so nice to sleep in my own bed. As a matter of fact, last night (my first night back home) I slept 10 hours, then woke up and read a book for an hour, or so, then took another two hour nap. It was fabulous! 

I didn’t get to run at all on our trip, which was sad, but also smart because my dogs (feet) were barkin’ (hurting) at the end of each night, so there’s no way I could have added 5 running miles on my feet each day. I intended to run today, but let’s be honest, at 6pm and was still in my pajamas.


How are you doing on your resolutions or goals so far? I’ll tell you about mine tomorrow!

Have you ever been to Disney World / Disney Land or Universal Studios? If so, what was your favorite part?

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I went to Disney for the Disney Marathon a few years ago, but I had to get right back to NYC and didn't get to explore the park (off the course) later. I have NEVER been to a Disney theme park just for fun! Your trip looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete