Monday, January 21, 2013

A Year and One Week Ago…

I married my best friend! That’s right, last Monday was the Hubbs’ and my one-year wedding anniversary! Here’s some of our wedding highlights (from my point of view anyway)! 

My mom and sister putting the finishing touches of my dress



My sweet family before the ceremony :)



The lovely ladies in my bridal party! We all wore TOMS shoes :)



A closeup of the TOMS :)



 My Dad walking me down the aisle


Our first kiss as husband and wife!


Our first dance


 Cutting our beautiful cake! (Do you see our wedding planner crouched down beside the cake to avoid being in our pictures? That worked well, didn't it?)



Everyone dancing to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing"


As we were leaving the reception, but to get in the limo :) This is one of my favorite pictures from the whole night :)


Ahh the joys of being a newlywed :)

So after working all day, the Hubbs and I arrived home about the same time, but as my husband walked through the door, he handed me a beautiful arrangement of flowers!



So we decided to couple it with a bottle of wine from our Honeymoon



So there's a back story to this one - I'm self-proclaimed "hair impaired," which means that I CANNOT fix my hair at all. The best I can do is straighten it, which is how I wear it each day. So I attemped to use my a curling wand my sister bought me for my birthday, and had to take a picture to send her the final result... it looks okay, right?


Sorry for the bad picture, but here's me and the Hubbs at our delicious dinner!


And of course, we ate part of the top tier of our wedding cake as dessert! One of my friends' grandparents have been married for 50 years and they still eat off their wedding cake every anniversary! Isn't that neat?! I hope the Hubbs and I can make our cake last 50 years!



Well, thanks  for joining me on my look down memory lane! It really has been a fantastic year! The Hubbs truly is my very best friend and I look forward to many many many more happy years with him!


No comments:

Post a Comment