Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Running Bucket List: Dallas-Area Races


When I'm not in training season, in an effort to keep me excited about running half marathons), I like to make a list of all my dream races! Here’s part 1 of my series, Running Bucket List:

  • 13.1 Marathon
  • Armadillo Dash Half Marathon
  • Big D Texas
  • Buffalo Stampede
  • Chevron Houston Marathon
  • Cowtown Half
  • Dallas Marathon
  • DRC Half
  • Heels & Hills
  • Hottest Half
  • Livestrong Austin
  • Love, Run, Marathon
  • New Year’s Double
  • Rock N Roll Dallas
  • RunGirl 13.1 Women’s Half Marathon
  • Stonebridge Ranch
  • Texas Half Marathon
  • The Colony Half
  • Tyler Rose Marathon
  • Wounded Warrior
  • Zooma: Austin


Ideally I’d run the half-marathon distance of all these races. Why does racing seem so much easier when you’re planning which races you want to do? Oh yeah, because I’m not on the treadmill thinking about how much I hate running (which is what I think about 95.5% of the time while I’m running. Afterwards, I love it).


What’s on your running bucket list?

What has been your favorite race?

Any feedback on the above races?

No comments:

Post a Comment