Friday, May 8, 2015

Baby G: Weeks 14 & 15 updates


How far along: 14 weeks
Total weight gain: I did bravely look at the scale when I went to the doctor. I'm up about 7 pounds
Maternity clothes: Not yet!

Sleep: Still glorious! Although fatigue has snuck back into my life. Seriously, if I go to sleep even one minute past 10:30pm I'm exhausted the next day. Like falling asleep while I drive home exhausted.
Miss anything: Nope. I think I've incorporated almost everything back into my diet and my sneezes aren't as painful anymore :)
Movement: At my monthly doctor appointment we were listening to the baby's heartbeat and we heard the baby move! But I still haven't felt it.
Food cravings: Cravings have nearly completely subsided, except for ready-to-eat cheesecake every once in a while. I nearly cried in the middle of the grocery store because they didn't have it.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! I've been really lucky this pregnancy!
Have you started to show yet:  It depends on the day, the outfit and the meals I've eaten, haha! The mornings following a run my stomach is nearly flat, but at the end of the days where I don't run I have a serious bump.
Gender: We know!! We're just sharing with family so far!!
Wedding rings on or off: Still on! Hopefully they'll stay on the entire time!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy until a student makes me mad. Last week I sent two students to the office within 10 minutes of each other without remorse or hesitation.
Looking forward to: Running the OKC half marathon with the baby! It will be our first official half marathon together!

Exercise: So far, the baby and I have run 279.1 miles together! Running is still pretty easy most of the time. I feel more like myself. Some days it's tougher to breathe, but i think that has more to do with the foods I eat that day than the baby, but I'm sure the baby doesn't help the situation!


------------------------

How far along: 15 weeks
Total weight gain: Proudly back to not weighing myself. Some days I can handle it, other days I know it will bother me, but I'm proud to say that I've made very few unhealthy eating choices so far in the pregnancy so I know my body is doing exactly what it needs to in order to support our sweet baby.
Maternity clothes: I did buy a maternity shirt but haven't needed to wear it yet!

Sleep: Still trying to sleep by 10:30 every night, and I sleep peacefully except a couple of trips to the bathroom almost every night.
Miss anything: Ummm... staying up late?? But not really.
Movement: Still anxiously awaiting.
Food cravings: Carbs are sounding good again (oatmeal, crackers, bread), but I think that's because my half marathon is coming up in a few days so my mind is excited to carb-load!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet:  It still depends on the outfit. I think most people (especially strangers) have no clue that I'm pregnant, while people that see me more often can start to tell. Thankfully my students haven't caught on yet! I need to think about how I'm going to tell them!
Gender: Wait a few more days, then we'll tell :)
Wedding rings on or off: Still on!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! Although less patient. Could that be because summer is just over 33 days away? I think so.
Looking forward to: Running my half marathon with my sweet baby! He/she is my new running partner! I'm also excited to run the half in my new Running for Two maternity shirt! Although trust me when I say that I look like I'm falsely advertising.

Exercise: So far the baby and I have run 298.1 miles! But on April 26th we'll run 13.1 miles together, HOPEFULLY in under two hours! If not that's okay. I'll listen to my body and do what's best for the baby. The baby and I also did about an hour of prenatal pilates earlier in the week. It felt great! I'm excited to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are moving along nicely with your pregnancy. Glad you're still running and I look forward to hearing how you do at the OKC Half!

    ReplyDelete