Monday, July 20, 2015

Baby G: 25 Week Update


How far along: 25 weeks


Total weight gain: Still around 10 pounds. I think this is a combination of not being hungry as often plus running is getting easier and more often
Maternity clothes: Yes! I received a lot of wonderful hand-me-downs from my husband's cousin! Now I have more than 4 shirts to choose from!

Sleep: Still going pretty well. My back doesn't hurt as much as it did last week, thankfully! I've had a couple really tiring days, but my energy resurfaced once I started working on the baby's room and cleaning the house.
Miss anything: Not really. I pretty much feel normal {except when I'm tired}, except when I reach across my body for something and forget how big my belly is! I always think, "where did that come from?!"
Movement: This week I began to feel the baby move--not just kick, but actually move! It feels like my muscles are tightening in a certain area, but when I touch my stomach I realize that's where the baby is! I can't feel him move all the time, but it feels so cool when I do feel it! He also has been kicking so hard at night that I can feel it on both sides of my stomach. I don't think he likes me laying on my side and squishing his space!
Food cravings: Lots of fruit! I'm thankful grapes and strawberries are in season! Oatmeal still sounds good so I have that nearly every morning too.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm sure dairy still would, but I haven't tried it to know! Other than that, nothing new bothers me.
Have you started to show yet:  I finally took my belly button ring out which makes me really sad. But I'd rather have it out than a stretched out hole as my belly button continues to get shallow and wider.



Gender: It's a boy! I'm so excited to meet my little baby!
Wedding rings on or off: Still on. I haven't struggled with swelling too much, partially because I watch my sodium intake, plus I exercise and drink lots of water.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy or tired. I'm not too moody unless I'm talking about something that would make me mad whether or not I'm pregnant.

What else happened this week: We went to Austin to visit my husband's cousin who just had a baby, so it kinda felt like I was at mommy bootcamp all weekend, which was amazing. His cousin and I had lots of good conversation of diapering, swaddling, baby wise scheduling, must-have products, bathing, and everything about a c-section process. We also had a monthly checkup and the baby's heartbeat sounded great! It was so strong and much easier for the doctor to find! We also took "Basics of Baby Care," our first baby class at the hospital. I pretty much feel like I had learned everything over the mommy bootcamp weekend, but it was good to hear the information come from a nurse as well.
Looking forward to: My family's vacation in the mountains over the 4th of July weekend.

Exercise: I pushed my body pretty hard this week to get in my mileage before we went out of town for the 4th of July weekend, but it handled it really well... except it made my back hurt worse. I think I must run with my pelvis tilted forward and stomach sticking out even more, which hurts my back. Overall I'm pleased with how my body handled it. At this point, I've run/walked 429.55 miles with the baby so far! It takes about a mile to warm up before my body falls into a comfortable rhythm, but once I hit that point, running feels pretty effortless. I'm even able to slowly increase my speed which is always fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment