Thursday, October 15, 2015

Baby G: 35 Week Update

How far along: Oh my goodness, 35 weeks?! When I first found out I was pregnant I felt like 35 weeks was forever away, but it feels like just yesterday I found out I was pregnant!



Total weight gain: I'm guessing close to 20 pounds. The baby has hit a growth spurt this week! I feel like I'm constantly eating! I even had two breakfasts at once!
Maternity clothes: Yes, almost always.




Sleep: Still hasn't been a problem. People often say that pregnant women have weird dreams but I really haven't had those either. Rolling over on the other hand is much more difficult.
Miss anything: I miss going to happy hour.
Movement: The baby must be laying on a nerve in my hand and in my elbow because certain movements, or when I put my hands on my hips it's pretty painful! But besides that, the baby doesn't have much room to kick anymore, so I mainly feel him rolling and shifting rather than kicking. Although I do still get some pretty solid kicks every now and then.

Food cravings: Cheetos and a grilled out hamburger have both sounded good this week. But neither have been really overwhelming cravings like spaghetti was in the beginning of my pregnancy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! Which I'm so thankful!
Have you started to show yet: Oh yeah, and I have a student who reminds me that I get bigger every day.
Gender: It's a boy... or so they tell me. I have yet to meet him so I can't confirm :)
Wedding rings on or off: Still on! Whoo-hoo!
Happy or moody most of the time: Mainly happy but my pregnancy hormones have gotten way worse this week. If I'm not smiling, I'm crying.

What else happened this week: My birthday was on Friday and I really wanted to run into my new year (like last year I ran past midnight to run from my 25th birthday into my 26th birthday), but I hadn't run about 4 weeks. However, around 11:50pm, the hubs and I set out to start my birthday with a run and we ran a mile! It was about 3 minutes slower than I had been running up to 31 weeks (although maybe that's why running got so hard at 31 weeks...I was going too fast!) but I ran!



Then after I showered, I walked into the kitchen to find the hubs bought an assortment of gluten free cupcakes, cookies and bread! He even lit birthday candles :)



The next morning we went to a car set installation class (which is something I never thought I would do the morning of my birthday). So I spent a couple hours with this little guy:



It was so helpful though and I'm thankful we went (especially because we installed the car seat wrong...oopsies!)!



The rest of the weekend was filled with relaxation and productivity. The hubs arranged the baby's room, put together his stroller, pack n play and storage shelves. Then I did the first load of laundry of the baby's clothes and blankets, and I organized his closet.


Looking forward to: My sister having her baby! We're only 3 weeks apart and I feel like her due date is MUCH closer than mine! I mean, it is closer by three weeks, but it just doesn't seem like I'm only three weeks behind her!

Exercise: I finally ran again which made my heart SO happy! It felt great while I was running (for the most part) but the recovery took much longer than before. It took me a much longer time to warm up (about a mile of walking) but I was able to run longer too. At this point, the baby and I have exercised 521.62 miles together :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment