Thursday, October 22, 2015

Baby G: 36 Week Update

How far along: I only have about four weeks left?! What?! I feel like I've exploded.


Total weight gain: Almost 20 pounds
Maternity clothes: I feel like I'm rotating through the same few shirts each week, and pretty much only two pairs of pants. I have a lot more than that, but they're not within my school's dress code, so I can't wear them :(



Sleep: Still pretty much normal. I've taken on a 5-point turn every time I roll over, but hey, at least I'm still sleeping pretty well!
Miss anything: Depending on the day it's either alcohol (primarily wine) or nothing. I've actually enjoyed eating more carbs than I allowed myself when I wasn't pregnant :)
Movement: The baby is so big that he hardly kicks anymore because he doesn't have room. It makes me sad because I always love feeling him kick, and he still will sometimes, but most of the time I feel him push against my hip and try to pop out of the top of my stomach.

The baby is also laying on a few random nerves. He's on a nerve in my right elbow, on my right hand between my ring finger and little finger, on my left thumb, and on my left leg behind my knee into my calf. Random, right?

Food cravings: Chipotle almost always sounds good. In the final days I want to help the baby get up to 8+ pounds before delivery, so I'm enjoying Chipotle's chicken and rice bowl pretty often nowadays. I also really wanted a grilled-out cheeseburger, so my dad fixed that craving!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope. Thankfully I haven't struggled with nausea at all this pregnancy! Although a few times this week I've felt really nauseous at night because the baby is invading my stomach space. It's like I've eaten way too much, even though it's just a baked potato with chicken, or something pretty small.
Have you started to show yet: Of course, but I haven't started waddling yet! One of my students asked if I've started to waddle and I replied, "I don't think so, but you watch me walk every day! You tell me! Do you want me to walk back and fourth for you to see for yourself?" Kids are funny.
Wedding rings on or off: Still on! Another goal of mine from the beginning and haven't really struggled.
Happy or moody most of the time: Emotionally I have up weeks and down weeks. This week was a down week. I think a lot of it has to do with whether or not my husband is home. I get more depressed when he travels. 

What else happened this week: The baby went to his first game at Kyle Field! And it was the newly renovated Kyle Field, at that.




Here we are outside of the stadium.



And the view from our seats. The game was fun, but the beginning was so crowded that I needed to stretch out my back and I couldn't do that very easily. Thankfully the guys sitting behind me left in the second half, so I lounged back and had all the stretching room I needed.

The baby also received a new baby {boy} cousin shortly after the football game was over! My brother -in-law and sister-in-law didn't want to find out if they were having a girl or boy, so everyone was anticipating they were having a boy... which was correct!

Looking forward to: My sister's due date is this week! So our baby may have two cousins within a week!

Exercise: I've still continued running, slowly but surely. I'm running about 3 minutes per mile longer, but I'll take it! Running at any speed is so much more fun than walking. Walking is less stress on your body, of course, but there's nothing better than a runners' high :) So far the baby and I have covered 520.12 miles together :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment