Thursday, November 19, 2015

Baby G: 39 Week Update

How far along: 39 weeks! Ahh!!


Total weight gain: 23 pounds. When I say how many pounds I've gained I feel better than thinking about what my new weight is...
Maternity clothes: Yoga pants or maxi dresses are my preference, especially because my maternity pants are either white (not a good idea this late in the pregnancy process) or jeans, which aren't dress code appropriate at my school :(



Sleep: Actually sleeping isn't too bad most of the time, but sometimes when I wake up I'm incredibly uncomfortable. The baby really likes to lay under my left ribcage (probably because I primarily lay on my left side). So when he is under my ribcage it takes him a while to readjust so that I can lay back down comfortably again.

Miss anything: Nope :)
Movement: The baby has stayed really active, which is a great sign. At my latest appointment the doctor said that the baby's head was "definitely lower" (although he felt the same to me!), so that's exciting!

Then later that night I was having pains in my lower stomach so I was pushing on my stomach to help ease the pain and I SWEAR I felt the baby's head move back and fourth, in a motion like he was saying no. It was SUCH a neat feeling!!

Food cravings: A Frito chili pie sounded good at one point this week :) I don't know what it is about hamburger meat that I've craved so much during this pregnancy!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope! It's amazing I've gone all this time without any real sickness (other than eating fake ice cream)
Wedding rings on or off: Still on! Yay!! I'm also excited I made it the whole time without needing to take my rings off!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy! Although I've had a few weepy moments just thinking about all the changes that we're about to go through. I know they'll be worth it, but it's always sad when a chapter of your life ends.

What else happened this week: I finally took off for maternity leave... what a blessing! I wanted to try to work to my due date, but I'm thankful I didn't because I would have been super crazy. I think if I had a desk job I may have been able to make it, but being a teacher and students wanting my attention all the time... no. 

The hubs and I also saw a couple of movies this week in an effort to spend more time together :) 

Also, my stomach has taken this odd shape for the first time...




I think the above picture is proof that the baby really hasn't dropped being that it looks and feels like he's above my belly button.

Looking forward to: Meeting him! It's so crazy to think that contractions can start literally at ANY moment!

Exercise: Call me crazy, but I want to see how much longer I can run, so I've still been running a bit :) However, I've been walking more often and for longer distances than I've been running, so I'm not 100% crazy. Just 95%. As of 39 weeks, the baby and I have gone 550.3 miles!



No comments:

Post a Comment