Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Baby G: 38 Week Update

How far along: He's coming anytime! {In theory. Hopefully he won't come until after October 2 because that's our big crosstown rivalry football game that I really need to work!} This week has been the biggest change in my body for sure. I feel like the baby gets bigger from the time I wake up to the time I get home from work, and even bigger when I wake up the next morning!


Total weight gain: Right at 20 pounds
Maternity clothes: I have a love/hate relationship with maternity jeans. They're more comfortable but they never stay in place! As I walk around they always fall down! Other than that I'm still enjoying them :) 



Sleep: This is one of the areas that has also had a major change. Sleeping had finally gotten difficult and no position was completely comfortable. I even contemplated sleeping on the couch or in the baby's new chair for a while. However, I found a magical way to lay with a third pillow where if my upper body is elevated more than normal, it puts more weight on my hips rather than on my stomach, where it feels like the baby is sliding off to the side.

Miss anything: I had a brief moment where I missed eating cookie dough.
Movement: The baby is super wiggly at night! He even kicked a book off my stomach when I was recording him earlier in the week! It was so funny and unexpected! He also gets really active when Luke talks to him :) It makes my heart happy.

Food cravings: In the beginning of the week, my sweet tooth was back with a vengeance! But the second half wasn't as bad. But pretty much any carbs sound good. I'm still a fan of chicken and rice for the starch and protein.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet: I'm carrying so much in the front that if you look at me straight on, I don't look as big as I do from the side. Then from behind the hubs tells me I look the same. So that's always nice to hear!
Wedding rings on or off: Still on!
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy or tired. Those are my emotions this week :) The day I turned 38 weeks I worked a 16 hour day. I went to school at 7:30am and didn't get off until 11:30pm. I only had two short breaks. One was 5 minutes and one was about 10 minutes long. So over the weekend I definitely relaxed. Only to come back to work on Monday to work an 11 hour day. This is why I feel like I don't have time to exercise much anymore.

Looking forward to: Meeting him! But I'm going to miss being pregnant sooo much. I try to remind myself that I'll actually get to hold him and play with him, but I love feeling him move in my tummy all day long!

Exercise: I ran a whopping two miles this week, but I'm good with it! I'm happy to run at all! Sometimes the recovery is more painful and takes longer than the actual run. So far the baby and I have covered 542.02 miles together! I may try for 600 miles...

No comments:

Post a Comment