Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Baby G: 20 Week Update

How far along: 20 weeks - Halfway!



Total weight gain: Still about 10 pounds
Maternity clothes: I finally crossed over to the maternity clothes. My shirts and some of my work pants still fit, but it's beginning to look like I'm in denial of either my weight gain or my pregnancy. So I bit the bullet and bought super cute maternity clothes :) I'm pretty excited about my purchases.

Sleep: I've been more tired this week than in the last few weeks, but I think that's because I've been ultra busy at school. I've enjoyed afternoon naps when I need them!
Miss anything:  I did miss going to happy hour for the first time. I mainly miss the long chats with my friends and eating a sinful amount of chips and queso.
Movement: Baby G is moving like crazy most days! It's so fun to feel him! He's especially active after I eat and when I'm bending over. He doesn't like being squished :) And we got to watch him move during my 20-week sonogram! We saw him stretch out, kick, yawn, and play with his tongue :)



Food cravings: Sometimes I really want barbecue chips {which is SO random}, but other than that I haven't really craved anything!

Anything making you queasy or sick: Well it's no longer fake dairy {yogurt, frozen yogurt, or soft serve} that hurts my stomach... it's actual dairy. I had ice cream for the first time and it hurt my stomach so badly :(
Have you started to show yet: Oh yes, there's no denying this



Gender:  It's confirmed that it's a boy! We got to see on the sonogram :)
Wedding rings on or off: Still on!
Happy or moody most of the time: I've been much happier this week, thank goodness!
Looking forward to: Painting the baby's room! We've been cleaning out one of our spare rooms all week {who knew two people had so much crap?} and will soon be able to paint!

Exercise: Baby and I finally RAN a MILE! I'm SLOWLY recovering from a hurt hip, so it was slow and I stopped to stretch as needed, but it felt great! 

Other fun news: During the sonogram, the doctor told us the baby's tummy measures at 22 weeks, his head measures at 21.5 weeks, and we weighs about 15 ounces {which is about 5 ounces more than normal at this point}, which puts him in the 87th percentile for size! He's going to be a big baby! Which I love because I've always wanted a big baby! I'd love a good nine-pounder :)



No comments:

Post a Comment