Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Baby G: 30 Week Update


How far along: 30 weeks!



Total weight gain: 15 pounds
Maternity clothes: Yes, or just anything that's comfortable. At one point I was walking around my house in my bathing suit because I was just too hot to wear real clothes. 

Sleep: I still wake up a couple times a night to go to the bathroom, but I really don't have any trouble sleeping.
Miss anything: No, but I'll tell you what I will miss...eating carbs all day long and eating a night snack every night!
Movement: At one point, the hubs and I were out to dinner when I started to feel a pain in the side of my stomach. So I reached down out of instinct when I felt this really hard punch come out of my side! I swear this kid was trying to find a new way to bust out! It caught me off guard so much it scared me and made my eyes water! It was funny, but it was painful!
Food cravings: Nothing is too strong, but carbs always sound good.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, thankfully!
Have you started to show yet: Yep, but I've also been told that I just look bloated, which is just the nicest compliment {OBVIOUSLY sarcastic} one can give a pregnant lady. It frustrates me because I think people, especially women, have the perception that it's okay to binge eat and gain a ton of weight just because you're pregnant. When really, there's never a more important time in your life to eat healthy than when you're pregnant! People also don't give me credit for staying active before and during pregnancy. They like to say it's because I'm carrying a boy, which might have something to do with it, but honestly, it's also my body type and the fact that I take really good care of my health.
Gender: We're having a little BOY! In case you're new to the blog :)
Wedding rings on or off: Still rocking my rings! I'm super proud I've made it this far!
Happy or moody most of the time: I'd say happy 90% of the time and crying 10% of the time, but mainly because I'm sentimental.

What else happened this week: We went to my husband's hometown {originally where I'm from too, but his family still lives there, whereas mine moved almost 20 years ago} where his mother hosted a lovely baby shower! We got lots of cute clothes, blankets, books, and a super cute cow cake :)




We also had my 30 week appointment with my doctor! I love hearing the baby's heartbeat with each appointment! And this time, I felt him and heard him move on the doppler-thing that she uses to hear the heartbeat :) 

We also finally got new carpet installed in our bedrooms! I know some people think we're crazy for getting new carpet before a kid comes along, but we needed it. Our carpet was getting pretty gross and was an off-white, which showed everything. So we picked carpet that won't easily show dirt or stains!

Looking forward to: Buying lots of things for the baby's bedroom! Right now his room is bare, so we're going next weekend to get his bedroom set.

Exercise: I think I finally did my last run of my pregnancy. Running has felt really good for the most part, but with my belly getting bigger and the summer getting hotter, it's just a bad combination. I'm worried that I'll push myself too far and will put too much stress on my body, so I think I'll stick with walking for now. But at this point, the baby and I have covered 490.57 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment