Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Baby G: 31 Week Update


How far along: 31 weeks! I absolutely cannot believe I only have 9ish weeks left! It is INSANE! This is probably my favorite week yet!


Total weight gain: 15 pounds according to my 30 week appointment, so somewhere close to that! I don't weigh myself between appointments.
Maternity clothes: Yes, but more specifically, shorts and tank tops. This Texas summer heat is no joke! When the temperature is 105 and I'm pregnant, it's freaking hot.



Sleep: I wake up every time I roll over, and lately my lower stomach has been cramping when I roll over. Maybe I need to change up my rolling technique. Other than that I sleep really well. Since this is my last week of summer {tears} I've taken full advantage of sleeping in and taking naps, which also means that I don't go to sleep until 1:00am every night. But I try to justify it this way: this is literally the last week for the next 20 years that I'll be able to sleep in.  
Miss anything: Running a little bit. I think I could have continued running, but I began getting pains in my stomach that made me worry about the baby. I'm sure it was fine, but I also don't want to do any damage to my body. Plus I think running made the baby lay on something that made my right hamstring struggle to work the way it's supposed to. I'm pretty proud to have made it to 30 weeks of running and will enjoy walking for the next several weeks.
Movement: Seriously, this baby has gotten really strong! One day while I was walking I had to hold my side because the baby was punching SO hard! I held my side to push back on him a little bit so he would punch so hard! But truly, I will miss feeling his movements. I rejoice even with the painful jabs.



There was also one night and one morning where the baby was just going crazy! Thankfully he didn't stop when I started recording like normal, so I got a couple of really good videos of him!

Food cravings: Nothing in particular. I've gone back to having carbs at every meal, which I think is part of the baby's growth spurt. I also finish off the night with either a big scoop of peanut butter or a bowl of cereal around 11:00pm. I will also miss this when I'm not pregnant :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, thankfully! I cannot believe how easy this pregnancy has been!
Have you started to show yet: Yes, but this is seriously my favorite body that I've ever lived in :) 
Gender: We're having a little BOY! Although his name is still TBD.
Wedding rings on or off: Still on! Whoo-hoo! I really haven't dealt with swelling at all, which is another reason why I've been so lucky during this pregnancy, but I also like to give credit to the fact that I don't eat things that make me swell anyway {salts, sugar, other inflammatories}.
Happy or moody most of the time: I've been super happy lately, but also a little stressed with school starting and preparing for maternity leave already.

What else happened this week: Well this week has been super productive {and expensive}! The hubs and I bought the baby's crib, dresser, nightstand, chair, carseat, stroller and pack-n-play! Which is a huge relief because if the baby comes now he'll have a place to sleep! Before this week I always made the joke that we have a box lying around he could sleep in :)



I also scheduled a photographer for maternity pictures next week! I'm super excited! I bought this AMAZING dress that I cannot wait to wear! I also registered our baby at a daycare. That's a blessing a a tear-jerker at the same time.

Looking forward to: Besides meeting him? I'm excited for my next appointment in a couple of weeks, I'm excited to finish putting together his bedroom, and I'm excited for my baby shower at the end of the month!

Exercise: Like I said earlier, I haven't run in over a week because it was just getting too hard, plus it was incredibly HOT, even on the treadmill. Not worth it. So my weekly mileage won't go up as quickly as it has been, but that's okay! As of the last day of my 31st week, the baby and I have covered 496.57 miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment